Class of 1967
Alexander Maximovich, MD
- Dr. Max attended Royal Oak School System. Washington Elementary School, Longfellow Elementary School, Clara Barton Junior High School and George A. Dondero High School where he was in the National Honor Society.
- Dr. Maximovich attended the University of Michigan and received dual majors in Biological Anthropology–Zoology, a minor in Botany, and became a member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Dr. Max received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine.
- Dr Maximovich has been affiliated with William Beaumont Hospital (WBH), Royal Oak, Michigan for 41 years. After completing his residency at WBH in Obstetrics and Gynecology, he continued his practice with over 10,000 deliveries. He completed a fellowship in Reproductive Surgery at WBH at the same time.
- Dr. Max was Director of Gynecologic Endoscopy at WBH and became faculty for 20 years.
- He was an Instructor of Resident Doctors and Medical students in both academics and surgeries.
- Dr. Maximovich also was an Associate Professor at Wayne State University School of Medicine, and at the University Michigan School of Medicine.
- He was the Director of new surgical procedures, training and laboratory practice for resident doctors and private practice physicians.
- In 1997 Dr. Max received a National Resident Doctor Teacher of the Year Award.
- He developed and completed original National Institute of Health studies on Endometriosis.
- Dr. Maximovich has practiced medicine in the community for 37 years. His practice has been in couple infertility treatment and included offering In vitro Fertilization. In fact, he was part of the first IVF team in Michigan and the first live birth from an IVF program in Michigan. This couple was helped by Dr. Maximovich to get a pregnancy and then subsequently be delivered by him.
- Because of his specialty in Endometriosis treatment, Dr. Max was involved in Federal Drug Administration drug trials and approval of endometriosis medical drug treatments such as Danazol@ and Lupron@.
- Dr. Max, as a public service to the community, has been a guest speaker on Public Broadcast TV, cable TV and radio (245 appearances). These live audience shows included ABC's Good Morning Detroit, Good Afternoon Detroit, Kelly & Company, NBC, CBS, On-TV Dish, Sonya Friedman cable show, West Bloomfield educational cable and Henry Ford Hospital Health cable stations.
- Dr. Max has given educational seminars as a pubic service on more than 200 occasions.
- Dr. Maximovich has lectured and given instruction to doctors in the surrounding six states and Wyoming, Idaho, California, Ontario, Canada and at the University of Sydney and affiliated hospitals in Australia.
- Dr. Max and his wife Jane have donated to the Detroit Zoo for the Siberian Tiger exhibit and sculpture.
- Dr. Alexander Maximovich was inducted into the Royal Oak High School Hall of Fame in 2016.